He Sang/She Sang is a new podcast from WQXR for the opera-curious and opera superfans who want to know what all those big voices are really singing about. The podcast follows the radio broadcast season of the Metropolitan Opera with a weekly roundtable chat that discusses the plots, characters, music, productions, social significance and great performances of that week's opera. Following the Met's radio broadcast season, He Sang/She Sang will dive into the new productions of Wagner’s Tristan und Isolde and Rossini’s William Tell, the Met premiere of an opera by Finnish composer Kaija Saariaho and fan favorites by Verdi, Puccini and Mozart. He Sang/She Sang is hosted by Merrin Lazyan and Michael Shobe, with appearances by superstar soprano Anna Netrebko, Met Opera tenor Stuart Skelton, WQXR hosts Jeff Spurgeon and Nimet Habachy, BBC 3 host Clemency Burton Hill and others.
- 24- Stopping the Clocks with Strauss' 'Der Rosenkavalier'Thu, 11 May 2017
- 23- A Nose by Any Other Name: Franco Alfano's 'Cyrano de Bergerac'Wed, 03 May 2017
- 22- The Flying Dutchman: Wagner's Eternal WandererWed, 26 Apr 2017
- 21- Aida: Verdi's Most Intimate SpectacleWed, 12 Apr 2017
- 20- Love and Death in Wagner's 'Tristan und Isolde'Thu, 06 Apr 2017