Houston Matters is a radio program airing weekdays at 9 am on Houston Public Media News 88.7 FM in Houston. During each hour, we’ll investigate the issues and ideas, people and places that make Houston…well…Houston! We’ll talk about current events, politics, education, health care, the environment, business, transportation, arts and culture, literature, sports and leisure. But we also hope that what we do each day on Houston Matters serves as the beginning of a conversation — one we hope you’ll continue here, at home, at work, with family, with friends and neighbors. We hope to introduce Houstonians to one another, to celebrate our diversity, and to engage one another through stories and conversations that demonstrate depth and context. Just the sort of thing you count on from public media.
- 1206- Friday’s Houston Matters: COVID-19 Cases At Texas Schools, And Robert Reich On America’s Economic Disparity (Sept. 25, 2020)Fri, 25 Sep 2020
- 1205- Wednesday’s Houston Matters: Monitoring Air Pollution During Storms, And The Week In Politics (Sept. 23, 2020)Wed, 23 Sep 2020
- 1204- Tuesday’s Houston Matters: Tropical Storm Beta Arrives, And Senate Candidate MJ Hegar (Sept. 22, 2020)Tue, 22 Sep 2020
- 1203- Monday’s Houston Matters: Tropical Storm Update, And Restaurants Opening Further (Sept. 21, 2020)Mon, 21 Sep 2020
- 1202- Friday’s Houston Matters: Gov. Abbott Loosening COVID-19 Restrictions, And Honoring Houston’s Latino Icons (Sept. 18, 2020)Fri, 18 Sep 2020