KPLU All Blues host John Kessler has expanded "The Blues Time Machine," which has been a popular segment on his weekend blues shows. The weekly series tracks one great blues song through history - from its earliest recording to its latest and sometimes, with some surprising interpretations. "The Blues Time Machine" airs on KPLU on Fridays at 12:10 p.m. during the "Blue Plate Special," and on All Blues Saturdays and Sundays at 8 and 11 p.m.
- 42- 'Mercury Blues' Still Running after 60 YearsFri, 27 Sep 2013
- 40- The long flight of Muddy's 'Honey Bee'Tue, 25 Feb 2014
- 39- Hendrix inspired by Earl King's 'Come On'Fri, 07 Feb 2014
- 38- 'Black Rat' comes from the most powerful singer to walk the EarthFri, 31 Jan 2014
- 37- Everybody's got the 'Fever,' but Peggy Lee's got it badFri, 06 Dec 2013