University of Washington Professor of Atmospheric Sciences and renowned Seattle weather prognosticator/personality Cliff Mass has joined KNKX’s roster of commentators. "Weather with Cliff Mass," our five-minute feature hosted by KNKX's environment reporter Bellamy Pailthorp, airs every Friday at 9 a.m. following "BirdNote," and repeats twice on Friday afternoons during All Things Considered.
- 224- Why the eruption of Mount St. Helens dramatically altered temperatures, but not for longFri, 22 May 2020
- 223- Spring rain is back. That bodes well for local water supplies, wildfire outlookFri, 15 May 2020
- 222- Another May heat wave: why low 80s this weekend will not break recordsFri, 08 May 2020
- 221- Chance of showers, chance of sunbreaks — so what do probability forecasts really mean?Fri, 01 May 2020
- 220- The sun's rays are as strong now as they are in August. So why are temperatures so cool?Fri, 24 Apr 2020