From small towns to big cities — Grapple gives voice to people living and working in distressed communities. Through personal narratives and long-form storytelling, you hear conversations that tell the story of America’s profound economic and social changes — including how distressed communities have changed over time, what they’re grappling with today, and how they’re redefining themselves. Grapple’s first season takes you to a series of communities across Pennsylvania that were once vibrant but struggle today. The season also features breakout episodes — to dig deeper into the big issues you’re hearing about — with leading economists, sociologists, writers and more. Grapple is produced by Kouvenda Media and Keystone Crossroads — a public media initiative covering both challenges and solutions for distressed cities. Keystone Crossroads is a collaborative reporting project of partner public media stations: WHYY, WITF, WESA and WPSU.
- 56- Episode 12: Breaking Down a Changing America with Maria Hinojosa and Dan HopkinsWed, 16 Nov 2016
- 55- Episode 11: Millbourne, Getting Back on TrackWed, 16 Nov 2016
- 54- Episode 10: Breaking Down Gentrification with Jackelyn HwangWed, 02 Nov 2016
- 53- Episode 09: Hazelwood, A Pittsburgh Neighborhood on the Cusp of ChangeWed, 02 Nov 2016
- 52- What Are You Grappling With in Your Community?Wed, 19 Oct 2016